Military Spouse Scholarships
NMFA awards an average of $500 for career funding and $1,000 for degrees. Up to $2500 is available for clinical supervision towards licensure in the mental health profession. Spouses are also eligible for funding, typically $1,000, to build their own businesses. This includes entrepreneurs, LLCs, direct sales, franchises, contractors, and other for-profit ventures. Any spouse with a valid military ID is eligible.
Applications are open. Apply now through June 30, 2018.
To login into your scholarship account click here>>
You are eligible to apply for a spouse scholarship if you:
- are a spouse of a member of the seven Uniformed Services with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be a service-related wound, illness, injury or death that took place after September 11, 2001)
- are a dual service military spouse
- are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits
- are married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close
Here’s who is not eligible:
- Surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- Children (Check the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships at www.fisherhouse.org)
- Spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
Click here to access our program FAQs.