Military Spouse Scholarships
NMFA awards an average of $500 for career funding and $1,000 for degrees. Up to $2500 is available for clinical supervision towards licensure in the mental health profession. Spouses are also eligible for funding, typically $1,000, to build their own businesses. This includes entrepreneurs, LLCs, direct sales, franchises, contractors, and other for-profit ventures. Any spouse with a valid military ID is eligible.
Applications are closed. Login to view your application status on July 30th and be sure to check back in the Fall for the next round of applications.
To login into your scholarship account click here>>
You are eligible to apply for a spouse scholarship if you:
- are a spouse of a member of the seven Uniformed Services with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be a service-related wound, illness, injury or death that took place after September 11, 2001)
- are a dual service military spouse
- are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits
- are married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close
Here’s who is not eligible:
- Surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- Children (Check the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships at www.fisherhouse.org)
- Spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
Click here to access our program FAQs.